- This important information page on our website provides legal and regulatory information about Cavendish Asset Management Limited and this website.
- This includes details of legal and regulatory disclosures and risks warnings that are designed to inform and protect investors and potential investors.
- You should read this information carefully. If you are unclear at any time about of its contents please contact us at info@CavendishAM.co.uk.
- By proceeding to view other areas of this website, you are deemed to have accepted this legal information and to have had notice of the disclosures and warnings contained herein.
Owner and Operator of this Website (Top of Page)
This website is owned and operated by Cavendish Asset Management Limited (“Cavendish” or “we” or “us” or “our”). It provides information about us investment products and services provided by Cavendish.
The entire content of this website is protected by copyright laws and intellectual property rights. You may download and use information and material from our website for your personal use. However you may not copy, reproduce, distribute or modify the content of the Cavendish website for commercial or public use without prior written consent from Cavendish.
Legal and Regulatory Status (Top of Page)
Cavendish Asset Management Limited is registered in England and Wales; Registered No. 735076; Registered Address is Chelsea House, West Gate, London; W5 1DR.
Cavendish Asset Management Limited is Authorised and Regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under Firm Reference Number (FRN) 116252.
General Disclosure (Top of Page)
All products and services in the pages of the website are subject to their own specific terms and conditions, which may change from time to time. If you choose to buy any Cavendish product listed on this website, you should not rely solely on the information contained on the website. You should read carefully the terms and conditions relating to any product or service you intend to purchase. These may be obtained from us - contact details are to be found on the ‘contact us’ link on this website.
Jurisdiction and Local Laws (Top of Page)
- The information on this website is directed at investors in the UK and does not constitute an offer to sell or invitation to buy securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or where the person making such an offer is not qualified or authorised to do so.
- Information from this website must not be issued or promoted in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law and must not be used in any way that would be contrary to local law or regulation. Accordingly, the financial services detailed in the website do not constitute an offer to transact business in any jurisdiction where such an offer would be considered unlawful. The Information does not constitute an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any investment fund or other product, service or information to anyone in any jurisdiction in which an offer or solicitation is not authorized or cannot legally be made or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make an offer or solicitation. For information specific to your jurisdiction, please contact your financial advisor.
- Cavendish does not give investment advice or investment recommendations in respect of its product range or services offered. Nothing on this site should be construed as the giving of investment advice or investment recommendations.
Privacy Notice(Top of Page)
Please see our separate Privacy Notice on the ‘Literature’ page of this website.
Cookies(Top of Page)
A "cookie" is a small piece of encoded information sent by a web server to be stored on your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox) so that it can remember something about you such as username, password, which it references at a later date. This process enables us to provide you with personalised information and simplify your user experience. Cavendish uses persistent cookies that do not expire at the end of a user session. These cookies are used for security, log in and responsibility discharge functions.
The cookie stored on your web browser does not contain any personal information. The cookie is encrypted and only the Cavendish web server can read it.
A cookie is installed to ensure that there is a unique identification when a user visits the Cavendish website. This cookie enables us to determine what page the user will see next time he/she visits the website.
Our system will issue cookies when you visit our website. If you do not wish to have a cookie stored on your computer, you should disable them in your browser’s security options.
Complaints (Top of Page)
We pride ourselves on providing high standards of customer service and care. However, we accept that there may be times when we do not achieve these standards or fall short of the standards you expect of us. If this happens we will make every effort to resolve any outstanding problems quickly and to your satisfaction.
If your complaint relating to us, our services or our products you may complain to us in writing by post or by email or by telephone to:
- Cavendish Asset Management Limited, West World, West Gate, London, W5 1DT
- Email: info@CavendishAM.co.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 020 8810 8041
The complaints resolution procedure we will follow is set out in our Complaints Handling Procedure. This can be accessed on the Literature page of our website or you may contact us for a copy – see the Contact Us section of our website for our contact details.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) (Top of Page)
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Investors may be entitled to compensation from the scheme should we be unable to meet our obligations. An investor's entitlement would depend on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Legislation provides that most types of investment business are covered for 100% of the first £50,000.
You can get more information about compensation arrangements from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. They can be contacted by post at PO Box 300, Mitcheldean, GL17 1DY; by phone at 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100; or via their website: https://www.fscs.org.uk
Risk Warning (Top of Page)
We would like to draw your attention to the main risks that you should be aware of in relation to the investment services and products we offer our clients.
The price of stock and shares and other financial instruments and the income that they generate can go down as well as up. An investor may not be able to recover the total amount invested; and in some instances you may lose all of the money you invested.
Market price risk
This is the risk that the entire market of a particular type of investment may decline. This would have an adverse affect on prices and the value of the Funds. It arises mainly from uncertainty about future prices of financial instruments held. It represents the potential loss the investors might suffer through holding stock and shares and other financial instruments.
Investment in stock and shares and other financial instruments does not carry any guarantees of performance and may go down (as well as up). The skill of our individual fund manager as well as the performance of the securities and the financial markets concerned will have an important influence on overall performance of investment portfolios.
This is the risk that a stock and shares and other financial instruments cannot be sold quickly or at a reasonable price.
Liquidity risk is relevant to all the securities but is even more of a factor for those that have a smaller market capitalisation or traded on smaller financial markets such as the UK’s AIM market.
Exchange or currency risk
This is the risk that the income and the capital value of the investments can be adversely affected by a change in exchange rates, i.e. a change in price of one currency against another. There are three principal areas where foreign currency risk could have an impact on the funds. These are:
- movement in exchange rates affecting the value of investments;
- short-term timing differences (e.g. exposure to exchange rate movement in the period between an investment purchase or sale and the date when settlement of the investment occurs);
- movements in exchange rates affecting income received.
All income received in foreign currency is converted into sterling on the day of receipt.
Interest rate risk
The risk that the income and capital value of investments may decrease as a result of changes to interest rates. In addition, changes to expectations of future interest rates may result in a similar decrease in the value of the investments held.
This is the risk that a loss may occur from the failure of one or more of the companies in when we invest. Where this occurs any affected investment could lose some or all its value i.e. worthless.
In addition some transactions in investments give an exposure to the risk that a counter party will not deliver the investment (for a purchase) or cash (for a sale).
The real value of any investment will be affected by inflation. There is the risk that rising prices of goods or services over time will decrease the value of the return on investments.
Accuracy of Information (Top of Page)
Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate and complete at the date of publication, no warranty or guarantee is given and no liability is accepted for any loss incurred. Errors or omissions in the information may occur because of a number of factors which are inherent in any Internet access system and are not within our control. The information contained in this website is subject to change without notice.
Cavendish Asset Management Limited and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees or agents (collectively, “Cavendish” or "we" or “us) provide the website and the information on an "as is" basis. We do not make any express or implied warranties, representations, endorsements or conditions with respect to the website or the Information. This includes without limitation, warranties as to operation, non-infringement, usefulness, completeness, accuracy, currency, reliability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Any links on this website that lead to sites maintained by third parties over which Cavendish Asset Management Limited has no control, are provided solely as a convenience to users and use of those sites will be at your own risk.
No Liabilities (Top of Page)
Cavendish Asset Management Limited is not responsible for and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages whatsoever (including direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages) arising out of or in connection with your use of or inability to use the website or the information, or any action or decision made by you in reliance on the website or the information, or any unauthorised use or reproduction of the website or the information, even if the we have been advised of the possibility of these damages.